IDR Logo

Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://idr.iitbbs.ac.in/jspui/handle/2008/2238
Title: Feasibility of Artificial Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic Models for Prediction of NOX Concentrations in Nonthermal Plasma-Treated Diesel Exhaust
Authors: Allamsetty S.
Mohapatro S.
Keywords: Artificial neural networks (ANNs)
diesel Exhaust
electric discharge
fuzzy logic
NOX removal
prediction of NOX
Issue Date: 2019
Abstract: High-voltage discharge-based nonthermal plasma (NTP) treatment for diesel exhaust is a laboratorial proven efficient technique. A prophecy of the treatment results based on the knowledge of its parameters would be a step forward toward bringing it into real-time applications of pollution control. In this paper, artificial neural networks (ANNs) and fuzzy logic model (FLM) have been used to model the NO X (sum of NO and NO2) concentrations as a function of parameters of the NTP process. A data set of 4032 input-output pairs has been collected by conducting experiments, in which 70% of the data are used for the training of the models derived. The performances of all the considered models have been evaluated by testing them for the remaining 30% of the data, which is novel for the models. Furthermore, a comparison of the models has been made based on the root-mean-square error (RMSE) and mean relative error (MRE), where the FLM has been found to be the better compared to the ANN-based models, i.e., ANN, multilayer perceptrons (MLP), and functional link ANN (FLANN). The RMSE of FLM is 2.53 ppm for a test data of 1210 sets. It can be said from these results that the NO X concentrations can be predicted using FLM with a good accuracy. � 1973-2012 IEEE.
URI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TPS.2019.2907313
http://10.10.32.48:8080/jspui/handle/2008/2238
Appears in Collections:Research Publications

Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.